What the Fourth of July Means to Me
By Anesa K. Chastain Jones - Advertising Insights with Anesa
Oklahoma’s Choice Weekly
Every year when the Fourth of July rolls around, I find myself thinking about what this day really means.
Of course, I love the fireworks, the cookouts, the parades, the American flags waving in the wind. Those are traditions worth holding onto.
But for me, Independence Day has always been about something much deeper.
It is about freedom.
Not the kind of freedom we casually mention in conversation, but the kind that generations of Americans fought, sacrificed, and died to preserve. The freedom to speak our minds. The freedom to worship. The freedom to chase an idea that nobody else can see yet. The freedom to build a business, raise a family, and leave this country a little better than we found it.
As a business owner and someone who has spent decades helping other businesses tell their stories, I never forget that none of what I do would be possible without those freedoms.
Every advertisement we publish, every website we build, every entrepreneur who decides to open their doors, and every dream that becomes a reality begins with the opportunity that living in America provides.
That doesn’t mean life is always easy. It isn’t.
Business is hard. Families face challenges. Communities go through difficult seasons. We don’t always agree with one another, and we certainly don’t all see the world the same way.
But one thing that has always made America remarkable is that we have the freedom to keep trying. To keep building. To keep improving. To believe tomorrow can be better than today.
I think that’s something worth celebrating.
As our nation marks 250 years of independence, I hope we all take a moment to remember the people who came before us. The men and women who stood their ground so future generations could have opportunities they would never personally enjoy.
Freedom isn’t free. It never has been.
This Fourth of July, while the fireworks light up the night sky, I hope we remember that they represent something far greater than a holiday. They remind us of courage, sacrifice, resilience, and the enduring spirit of a nation that continues to believe in possibility.
For me, that’s what the Fourth of July means.
Happy Independence Day, and may God continue to bless America.
ANESA K. CHASTAIN JONES, General Manager/Graphics Director, 918-285-1314, graphics@oklahomaschoiceweekly.com

No comments:
Post a Comment